Farvel Lomma - Bye bye Lomma
Its been a long time since I last made any posts, mainly due to the process of getting adjusted to being back in Denmark. Just before leaving Sweden I had a small party at the house where I was living. It was a great time and all the people with whom I have connected with in my short 5 months in Sweden were able to come.
Here are a few pics from the get together. Of course THIS guy was there :-). Morten and I were able to borrow his parents car to move my stuff (again, thank goodness for that car or I don't know how all this moving would have happened!).
This is a pic of some of the local brew, I mean - crew. I actually met Per (dark hair) when I was in Copenhagen the first year of my program, he is Danish. The other guy, Rasmus, is from Sweden - both in good spirits here.
This is a pic of me with my friend Margus, from Estonia. We really connected partly due to both having 3 siblings. He reminds me of Ben (my younger brother) as he is youngest in his family too. Interestingly, all three of the Estonians on the course were really nice guys. Learning about Estonia and Latvia in particular makes me really want to go and visit both places someday.
M and I had lunch on the day of the move at the Viking Pizza. This somehow seemed appropo since the day I moved in last September we had lunch there too.
While I was at times hesistant and questioning of my choice to study in Sweden, it was indeed the right choice. I learned a tremendous amount about the silvicultural and ecology-related aspects of forestry. These areas were my weakest points as a student in forestry and these courses provided a good opportunity for me to get a good understanding of some entirely new topics from the impact of climate change on forestry, to pest management, to thinning regimes for norway spruce, to fertilization options.
Last week I went back to Alnarp for a meeting with a few of the professors there, and was able to meet up with a few colleagues. It was great to see them and know that those connections remain and were real. While there I also received a most unique and special give from a colleague of mine from Russia, Tatiana. She sketched this portait of me based on a photo, an incredibly talented girl (I mean she made ME look good!).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home