Off to Zurich to see Carys


My other roomate was also in Europe this summer and since her family lives in Zurich I went up for a quick mid-summer roomie reunion to see her and visit with her friend Dan (Daniela, who stayed with us in Japan for a few weeks last spring). Zurich is yet another beautiful Swiss town and Dan gave me the full tour. She said it is normally a quiet town as well but that weekend was the infamous Street Parade.
This year some 750,000 out of towners descended on Zurich for the 24 hour+ techno dance party in the streets. I had my fill of this at the Lake Parade in Geneva so didn't need to spend the wet, rainy evening getting sick, drunk and exhausted in Zurich. Without a doubt the costumes and outfits I saw in Zurich in the early part of the festa were more outrageous than in Geneva. Lots of women with daisy duke shorts and leg warmers. Can someone please explain why on earth leg warmers are back? They were bad fashion in the 80's and they are bad now if you ask me.
One tidbit of trivia for you, this is the largest clock face in Europe, see I did learn something this summer!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home