French Summer Fun - Annecy et Paris
Annecy
One great thing about Geneva is that while it is a rather sleepy town (shops close by 7pm, and nothing but a few cafes and restaurants are open on Sunday) there are plenty of great day trips to do. One Sunday I made the most of the opportunity of a sunny day (which was rare in the second part of the summer) to go to Annecy. Annecy was part of the Savoy region and seems to be known for tartiflette.
I vaguely knew (from my crew of French friends in SF) that tartiflette involved cheese (which I love), so plopped myself down in a restaurant to investigate the local specialty served at seemingly every restaurant in town. Tartiflette is a wonderful creation that with 2-3 cheeses, potatoes, onions and herbs baked in the oven! You can also get it with meat, but I passed on that. I only got to spend the afternoon in Annecy but would definately go back if I had the chance


Paris
I also got to visit Paris for a weekend for my friend Eve's bachelorette party. It was a great SF friends reunion! The trip was less than two days but it was great to reconnect with the gals, some of whom I hadn't seen in over a year. Eve was entirely un-embarrassable despite our best attempts. Rather than an all night drinking fest, we opted for an afternoon at the hammam (a big bath house/steam room) and dinner out at a great restaurant - dance club. Around 3 am we were ready to call it a day, but what a great day! Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the wedding two weeks later, but it was great to see everyone nonetheless.
The bride to be...

I crashed out at Fred and Michelle's as did Ian and Cecile. Was wonderful to have a bit more time with all of them. Also time to play with the kiddos.

David and I. David was so upset I was leaving it became too late to take public transit to the airport, so I was off in a taxi. What a loveable little guy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home