Trip to Pha Tam a Dream Come True!
The name of the project I am researching is called the Pha Tam Protected Forest Complex named after the most famous park in this area Pha Tam. The park is not easy to access for someone like me, with no car, no money to spend a small fortune to hire a driver (and car), or pay for a ride up the river on private boat from Khong Chiam. I hoped but had no expectation of being able to go there but after hearing about my research Yao offered to drive me and go in the park with me if I paid for the gas. I couldn't have been happier. Here is Yao and I with the mighty Mekong and Laos behind us.

Pha Tam is famous for two reasons. One reason is because of these crazy natural rock formations. They are called mushroom rocks. One of the pics below explains how they got to be this way. If you double click on photo two it will get bigger so you can read the explaination more easily.


The second reason Pha Tam is famous is the pre-historic wall paintings in a cliff that borders the Mekong River. Hard to take a photo of these things, but here was my attempt. I won't go into all the history, but needless to say viewing such places made me remember how little I am in this world (in a good way) and how many beautiful wonderful places there are.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home