Sightseeing in Kamakura
In addition to the weddings we saw we also did a bit of sightseeing. We were in Kamakura on THE perfect day. It rained a bit in the morning so the air was fresh and because it was a weekday there were fewer people than usual. Additionally, the sakura (cherry blossoms) were in full swing. How could we not be grinning from ear to ear on such a day?
Here is our crew at Hachimangu Shrine. My o-mikuji (a paper with a fortune you can buy at temples here) was medium-luck but I think we had great luck that day!
In Japan when a man has two women on either side of him they say "ryo te bara" which means he has a rose in both hands. This is Yoko and I with Kikuchi-san. We joked that Mama (Mrs. Kikuchi) might get jealous ;-)
This walkway divides two streets and was full of sakura for over a kilometer, utsukushii da ne! How georgeous!
Yoko and I at one of the gates to Hachimangu Shrine. Apparently there are three, I think this was the second one.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home