Thursday, March 08, 2007

Hiking at Mt. Takao - March 4th

Thanks to the wonderful organizing skills of Ms. Megumi a group of us headed off to Mt. Takao last Sunday for a hike. The weather was again beautiful! Mt. Takao is about a one hour train ride from where I live. The proximity to Tokyo and many trails around the mountain make it a popular weekend outing destination - so we weren't alone, in fact it was pretty jammed packed with other pic-nicking hikers.

Here's the crew from left to right: Brad-o (sitting), Anni, Ryo, Megumi, Agnes, Asel, Uyanga, Ryan.














Ryan, Brad-o, and I.
















This sign says don't litter or drop your garbage, take it home with you or the monkeys will eat it! I think it also says that the mountain is maintained by volunteers so don't make more work for them. I didn't see any monkeys but there was a monkey park where you could PAY to see them, no way.





















Another funny Japanese sign - we are interpretting this to mean no dancing - with old people?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home