The Imperial Gardens with Rajesh - March 3rd
Sayoko wasn't around so Rajesh (who has lived in Thailand for many years) and I spent the day hanging around Tokyo. We started at the East Gardens of the Japanese Imperial Palace. I had never been, and an in town guest is the perfect time to go to such places! The weather was georgeous we got a bent-o (Japanese style boxed lunch set) and headed off to find comfy bench to take in the blossoming plum trees and unusually warm temps.
I like this picture because it shows new Japan and old Japan in the same shot.
A quintessential Japan shot, nature, water, stone - all natural with a little help from humans to make it better of course!
Rajesh and I under a Kawazu-Zakura, a variety of cherry trees that blooms earlier than most.
This is just an interesting tree, maybe I think so because I am doing all this forestry research and reading these day. Thought I'd share. According to the tree tag its a Hamamelis Mollis Oliver tree.
Reflection of one of the palace area buildings in the fading afternoon sun.
After wandering around the palace were were tired and thirsty so it was off to Ebisu Tower - to the 39th floor for better and yaki-tori (stuff on sticks - sounds more fun than skewers right?) I didn't take any pics but it is was spectacular - you'll just have to come visit me to see for yourself! The evening ended with some delish sushi. I haven't eaten sushi in ages since the conveyor belt sushi is cheap and not too tasty and the good stuff is too pricey to eat regularly. What a great treat, I think I am going to do that more often between now and when I leave - so I had sushi again today mmm good stuff...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home