Saturday, July 19, 2008

Maine Summer Colors

Were I a better botanist then I could give you precise names and details about the plants in the photos below. BUT I figure just because I don't know you shouldn't loose out on seeing some pretty nature pics. With the help of google and wikipedia I will do my best though. Most of these plants are found in abundance in the area where my parents live.

This is a photo of Common Milkweed (Asclepias syriaca is the latin for those who care ;-) and is found all over North America. One interesting fact is that the Monarch Butterfly (Orange and Black wings) lives off these plants, guess that explains where there were always so many around when I was a kid.
milkweed pic.
















These are just pretty purple wild flowers I liked















These pinkish leaves are of a crab apple tree in my parents yard. Something is wrong with the tree (my dad thinks) because the leaves don't often look like this but I thought it was pretty in the sunlight.
















From what I can gather this might fall into a category of flowers called mountain dandelions, not sure though just loved the color in these orange ones found all over the place.





















Pink Sea Roses, you can also find them in white. They smell great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home