Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Attack of the HOT Pink Bike!

Anyone who knows my family and knows me understands that one color you will NOT find in my wardrobe is HOT Pink. Aside from the fact that I was a tomboy growing up and then a tough (ok sort of tough) soccer player through high school and college - my mom wears hot pink, or fuschia as some call it, everyday. This means of course I can't like this color right?

Well god, buddha, the cosmic energy of the universe - whatever you want to call it - is trying to teach me a lesson. I was bike-less in CPH for nearly a month, partly due to laziness and partly do to a lack of understanding about the used bike searching/buying system here. Finally I asked a sweet Danish student named Karsten to help me. And what did we find. Yep, a hot pink bike of all things.

When I called my grandmother and said to her "just guess what color my bike is" she said 'well I don't know". I then said "what color bike would I, Cathy Brown, least like to have". She knew immediately and said hot pink with a chuckle. Yep, I am a hot pink biker chick now. Here is the evidence!















Since life is trying to teach me a lesson (not sure if its about being less prejudice about pink, increasing my girly-girl quotient, or some kind of emotional bond development with my mom while l am an ocean away) I've decided to step into it all 100%. Most of you know I am not one to do anything half-way, so I also bought cute hot pink bike lights too!


















Just in case you needed more detail on how silly these damn lights are.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home