A Day to Myself!
As I sit here enjoying a cool glass of white wine in the early evening the sun is still out and I've just realized that this is the first day I have had entirely to myself since the 3rd week of June! Truthfully I can't complain about the company I have had over the last 6 weeks. I got to some of my favorite people in the world in Boston and in Maine, spent many relaxing and sweet hours with dear ones in Copenhagen, and an intense 10 days of study and learning in Italy. All good companions ;-)
So what did I do with this day to be selfish? Not a whole lot to be honest, slept in a bit, had a lazy breakfast with the news, laundry, a midday run, menu planning for when Morten gets back to CPH, writing in my journal. Writing in my journal is something I rarely get around to doing these days. My current one is from Nancy and has a great quote on the front of it by Goethe "Nothing is Worth More than This Day". So I guess my day of errands and details was also worthwhile. Its easy to forget that in all the running around we tend to do in daily life. How to stay present with so much on the horizon? I don't have the answer but I am open to suggestions and advice ;-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home