Family and Friends in Maine
As I look out the window on this grey day of rain in Copenhagen I am reminded of the sunny summer days I spent in Maine just a few weeks ago. My previous posts described and showed you some of the beautiful must see places on the coast and summer nature colors. Of course the key reason I go to Maine is for the people that have known me all my life good friends and family.
One big coincidence about the timing of my trip was that I arrived in Maine just as my friend Tom was leaving the state. Tom was in Maine to attend a course at the Maine Wooden Boat School in Brookline, a place FAR up in the region of Maine called Downeast - where the accents are as strong as the coffee ;-) Tom and I met in Hiroshima Japan on a Gansu hiking club outing more than 10 years ago. How time flies! The hiking club (which was really just a walking-slightly-up-hill-club) brought together Hiroshima prefecture foreigners and Japanese people who enjoy the outdoors and want to make friends.
While I was home I got to see just about all my family. They were all so nice they all ate my strange lunch concoction of couscous salad over green salad with no complaints - thanks!
Ok, no there is no news here - these are NOT my kids. They are the twin daughters of my friend Linda. Faith and Felicity are five now, and absolutely darling (when they aren't being trouble makers ;-)
Whenever I go home I always try to get together with my dear friend Nancy. Nancy is an incredibly caring, strong, and inspiring person in my life. Time flies by way too fast and the energy is high - so much to catch up on and so little time - no wonder we sat at breakfast for nearly 3 hours!
And here is the Brown crew sans my brother Eric in New Jersey. As fate would have it the day I left to go back to Denmark Dad had the day off due to rain at the golf course and Ben - well he had a hangover - but in anycase he was home from work and eager for some of Mike's famous Fish n' Chips in his efforts to recover...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home