Copenhagen Smiling, Shiny, Singing, Springtime
After 3 months of grey finally spring sprang in Denmark in early April. In fact April was warmer than May has been so far! Sometimes while I am biking around in Copenhagen it actually seems like the new leaves on the trees, young grass, and blossoms are smiling and singing "spring is here!" in some sort of chorus. From early April until now (late May) its been sunny probably 75% of the time, woo hoo! Good for bike rides and picnics in the park, but not so good for focusing on my thesis :-)
Although I know that I have posted pictures of the botanic garden at my university campus before, but it doesn't get any less pretty in the spring so I am posting some new ones. Look at all the cherry trees in bloom! A perfect place for a hanami (cherry blossom viewing party).
A new(ish) feature to the campus is this cafe which has been opened in a green house. Perhaps unsurprisingly the cafe isn't open in the winter, but it is a great place for a coffee or a beer from spring through fall. Come visit and I'll take you there :-)
This is a photo from the street near where I live (at the moment, changing in the near future, updates soon!) in Islands Brygge. Nice huh?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home