Yoko's Visit to Copes! (1)
In early August my dear friend Yoko-chan from Japan came to visit me in Copenhagen. Yoko and I have known each other for many years (more than 10!). We met when I was living in Japan (the first time) and teaching English in the countryside of Hiroshima prefecture in the small town of Yoshida (now a city named Akitakata-shi!).
Yoko and I have travelled a lot together over the years. She came to San Francisco to see me and we went to Grand Canyon together. I also travelled with her a lot in Japan to Kobe, around Hiroshima prefecture, the southern island of Kyushu, and Kyoto. Here were are at my favorite place in Kyoto a small temple in the Daitoku-ji temple complex called Koto-en. If you go to Kyoto, go here and sip green tea on the wooden porch while listening to the bamboo trees click clack together in the breeze...ahhhh nice.
This is also from Kyoto, the building in the background is the one on the Japanese 10 yen coin :-)
Yoko also came to see me in Tokyo. While she was visiting we went to Kamakura with my friend Ryan, his brother, and Ryan's host father Kikuchi-san. Here's Yoko and I in Kamakura...
Also while in Tokyo we went to Disney Sea - a Disney theme park geared more toward adults (i.e. you can buy booze here ;-)
Sooo the long journey of 10+ years of friendship brought Yoko to Copenhagen this time. Here is a pic of Yoko with Morten and I on a boat ride in northern Sealand (Denmark).
Where will our friendship lead to next? Hopefully, with me visiting Japan next year :-)...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home