May 14, 2011 - Wedding (2)
After the ceremony at the City Hall, which due to actually starting a few minutes early means that some of our friends missed it even though they were on time, we headed about 40 minutes north of Copenhagen to Morten's parent's house for a small reception. Morten's parents generously let us use their house to feed 30 guests and about 7 kiddos. We were hoping for a sunny day so the kids could run around outside and some could eat outside if they preferred but we got all weather that day: sun, rain, mist, thunder, hail - the only thing missing was snow!
Here is a picture of the reception room before being filled with guests...
The next photos are a few of my friends who came to the city hall and reception. This is Carys, my former roommate for the 2 years I lived in Tokyo and forever friend.
This is Morten and I with Nico and Eve, part of my San Francisco French connection - although most of us are on the Euro side of the Atlantic now-a-days.
This photo is of Petrine a Danish colleague at the University and soccer bud. She was kind enough to invite me to play soccer with her team in Copenhagen last year despite my then rather poor Danish skills. Regardless of that it was really fun! The blond in the photo is Anne-Mette who I studied with her in Copenhagen during my masters degree. She is one of the first friends that I made here so it was great that she could come.
A nice group shot including (from left to right), Cuong, Sophie, and then the 2 Aussies Sarah and Jen. Jen and I lived across the hall from each other at the same student residence my first year in Copenhagen and now we are both PhDs at Forest and Landscape, University of Copenhagen. Sophie and I met through a common Indian friend (Rahul, wish you could have joined us too!) and used to enjoy going to jazz jam sessions on Sunday nights. That is until we got real jobs and real busy and going out at 9pm on a Sunday no longer seemed like the best idea with the Monday alarm clock calling earlier than in student times...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home