O-Hanami at Inokashira Park
As I've mentioned before, o-hanami (flower viewing party) is a very serious affair here in Japan. Young salaryman freshlings are often given the task to stake out an area in a park at the wee hours of the morning for the big bosses to enjoy later in the day. Competition is fierce for the ideal spot unde a beautifully blooming tree. Last year for some reason I missed the annual extravaganza because i was travelling, but this year about 10 of us went to a park in nearby Kichijoji called Inokashira Park. We and about a million other folks were there rejoicing the cherry blossoms with good food and tasty beverages ;-)
Here are a few pics of the day. This was the most peaceful shot I took that day.
These folks camped out for the day. We (wimpy) gaijin (foreigners) didn't manage to make it until after 2pm but we stayed until 8pm, still respectable I think.
Yes, even though its a park, it is a park in TOKYO. So many sakura revellers!
After our o-hanami we kept with the Japanese spirit of partying and went to karaoke (Japanese style which is way better than open mic in front of a big room of strangers like in the US).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home