Brussels by Night
Although the conference ended early Friday evening I stayed on an extra night (as the EC would pay for the hotel room) to get to know some of my colleagues a bit better and actually see something in Brussels beyond the hotel and conference hall. This is one of my favorite pics of Brussels at sunset. The colors here are just fantastic.
Once we all returned to the hotel on Friday the new EMA President gathering the remaining EM scholars for dinner in Brussels. We were about 30 people, far too many for any of the cute street dining cafes and restaurants so we split up for dinner and met up at a bar near by later on. Our group headed for Thai food. I was thrilled that anywhere you go in Brussels that you can get Hoegaarden, simply referred to as biere blanche, yum! Here is our dinner gang which includes two Germans, two Americans, a Canadian, a Dutch, a Dane, a Chinese, and of course cannot forget Rahul my new buddy from India. Not a bad mix really ;-)
After dinner and meeting up at the nearby bar for some drinks and a bit of dancing some of the gang were eager to spend their last night in Brussels at a club. I was convinced to tag along. I am glad I did because I was able to snap these two great night shots of the city. We managed to find a Latin place with live music, but as it was nearing 3 am I soon headed home with some others who had lost their chatting, dancing, party steam.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home