Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yoko's Visit to Copes! (3)

After a few hours at Kronborg Castle we took the 20 minute ferry ride from Helsingor to Helsingborg (in Sweden). There is also a castle in Helsingborg. Castles were built on both side of the water in the old days to collect taxes from ships going in/out of the area. Unfortunately, Helsingborg Castle is outside of the city itself and we had limited time and energy so we didn't go there.

It was my first time to Helsingborg (despite living less than an hour away from the city when I lived in Sweden to study for 6 months). Its a pretty city and to get a nice view of it we went to the top of Kärnan Tower. The tower is the last remains of a castle built in the area over 600 years ago. The tower sits high up on a hill and is 34 meters high so gives a nice view of the city.

To get to the tower you have to climb a few stairs up to its base walking through this area..














After climbing to the top of the tower this is the view that we saw, pretty nice :-)


















As you can see the tower is quite narrow, the walls are 4.5 meters thick (according to the Virtualtourist website).


















Walking back down to the city center is also nice, here is a view from the opposite direction as the first pic in this post.















Lastly, of course I need to comment on the funny things that I see. I hope the Danes and Swedes reading these posts of the funny words/signs I see don't take offense. But the name of the restaurant on this boat was just TOO funny to pass by without taking a photo, seems too me it might just not use gas but create gas (in the customer's ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home