Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yoko's Visit to Copes! (4)

We finished our Øresund tour at Tivoli (the Øresund Rundt Kort gives you 40% off the entrance price, and that includes if you get the ticket for the rides too). I have posted pics of Tivoli before so I won't add many here. After walking around with ice cream and shopping a bit I insisted with Yoko we should go on at least one ride.

We chose this one figuring it would give a nice view of the city, and a nice way to end the day.



















Unfortunately, when the group that got on before our turn finished their time on the ride the operators had some trouble getting them down completely. They were not left hanging too high in the air but there was some problem with the machine. Some of the rides are Tivoli are pretty old so this can happen. In fact, when we went to Bakken amusement park earlier in Yoko's trip we only went on one ride, the wooden rollercoaster and according to Morten's sister the day before we went on the rollercoaster 2 boys where injured by splinters in the track when they were riding!

Given that we had good luck in not getting hurt at Bakken I was not really in the mood to take another chance on an old ride. Its not the kind of adventure I typically seek. The staff did 2-3 test rounds of the ride but I was getting a bit nervous. So we got our tickets back and tried the rollercoaster (a newer one) instead ;-)

All in all it was a good trip (I hope Yoko thinks so too!) and I got to see some new places in my own backyard (so to speak) with a good friend. A week after Yoko arrived we had a coffee at the airport and she was en route back to nihon...and I will be off to the US soon to visit family for a few weeks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home