Trip to Maine in March (2)
After the big family party for my grandmother we had a little downtime in Maine for me to show Morten around the places I like and meet up with the few friends I keep in touch with there. Of course a major priority was getting Morten some good Maine lobsta, you can't go to Maine and NOT have any (unless you are allergic to shellfish like me). I think he liked it...
We also spent some time up at my parent's house and on one rainy day my oldest friend from elementary school came for a short visit with her daughter. Actually, Linda has twin daughters but one was misbehaving too much to be able to go to visit Aunt Cathy. I think the passage of time feels more real when I look back at different photos I have of Linda and the girls (Faith and Felicity). Although we have different lives and have taken different paths, its always good to see Linda to reconnect and remember the old days of strawberry shortcake roller skates and fiercely tough sticker trading sessions!
While in Maine the weather started off a bit rough before rewarding us with a few brilliant days. In Kennebunkport there was even a fair amount of flooding and some particularly high tides. This guy doesn't seem to mind the nasty weather though :-)
We ended our drive around on this wet day stopping at this nice lookout area at Walker Point. This is where George H.W. Bush spends much of his time in the summer. George Jr. came a few times while he was President as well. I think the overall feeling is that people in the area tend to like the older George more than the younger, at least with regard to politics anyway... In any case its a sweet spot for a summer house don't you think?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home