Friday, May 11, 2007

Sakura in Sakai

I live in Musashi-sakai now and like most areas of the city we've developed short names for places. So Musashi-sakai has become sakai and Kichijouji has become Kichi or jouji depending on the person. Anyway, this first picture is of a street very close to the station between my apartment and the station. There is also a Zen temple right in this area. The sakura only lasted about a week but everyday of that week was really something to behold
















I took this picture because as New England (Northeastern U.S.) was getting pummelled with a spring storm we sakura petals falling like snow. When the petals begin falling they pile up like little sakura snow on the side of the road. I much prefer this to the real snow they had in Maine (where my family lives).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home