Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sotsuron (Thesis) Party May 15, 2007

The CCC's (Carys, Cherine, and I) hosted a thesis party on the 15th to celebrate with our colleagues the end of a two year thesis journey. Everyone was a bit tired (some pulled all nighters on the 14th) but everyone was in good spirits. It was great to reconnect with old and meet some new friends as we prepare to move on the next adventure in each of our lives. Surely I will miss the CCC house and the good friendships that were cultivated here. I know many of the friendships born in Japan however will endure and that I now have homes all over the world to visit - I feel blessed.

Sangin, Cherine, Pop, and Mela on the balcony with the shisha. While we've had other parties this time the weather was nice so folks were out on the veranda - much to our neighbors dismay. The party was so good the cops came. We became shizuka (quiet) after that :-O
















Zare and I. Zare is a dear friend who I will surely miss though I know I will see him again perhaps this summer in Europe!





















Carys and Harold (who pulled an all nighter on the 14th and was exhausted).





















Me and Inno (who's full name is Innocent - though he certainly isn't ;-) Will probably see him again because although he is from Burundi he is a Swedish citizen now, and also my tour guide for when I visit Stolkholm!
















The Uzbek boys Farhoud and Sangin. I want to do a "Stan" tour in the summer of 2008 and go to Kazahkstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Mongolia since I have friends in all of those countries now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home