Monday, December 31, 2007

Friendly Faces in Chilly Maine

One of the main reasons I went home for Christmas this year was to see my darling grandmother, Mimi. She is 92 going on 60, young a heart and forever sweet and kind in spirit. It is always a treasure and a pleasure to see her, and of course hard to say goodbye when the time comes. Despite the nearly 60 year age difference between us we have wonderful conversations and she is my source for old and new family stories (and gossip ;-0). We took this pic before saying goodbye.


















Along with my parents (who finally had a chance to relax after a busy season of wreath-making and Christmas tree selling) I also saw my older sister Anne and younger bro Ben. This was the first Christmas for me in Maine with my younger bro as a married man with his wife, and my sister with her soon-to-be-husband. We had a lovely Christmas Eve meal that was, as my dad would say, GORE-MET (gourmet ;-)

I also got to see my oldest friend in the world Linda and her two darling 4 year old twins Ms. Faith and Ms. Felicity. They are a bundle of energy to be sure and know me as "Aunt Cathy from Japan". They are bit confused now though when their mom says "Aunt Cathy from Denmark". Their little faces get all confused and say "noooo mom..Japan!". I think I will get them a world map for their birthday so they can sort out the confusion of all of Aunt Cathy's bizarro addresses! Linda and I never seem to have enough time to chat, but its always good. There is a comfort and quality of conversation that is always there because we've known each other since we were in kindergarten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home