Sunday, November 08, 2009

Trip to Maine - August 2010 (1)

Posting pics from my trip to Maine is waaaay overdue. At the end of August I went back for 2 weeks of georgeous Maine summer weather. I started the trip off in Boston however. I am very fortunate that my dear friend Rhi and her husband Bill (and daughter Avery) live a hop, skip and a jump away from Logan. This means time to get over jet lag in a relaxed environment and saves my Dad driving down in crazy Boston traffic. Here is a pic of Rhi, Avery and I...














I also got to meet up with a college friend Jason. Now Jason got married to the lovely Jennifer more than 5 years ago and finally finally finally I got to meet her and their two little ones Thalia and Sophia. We met at Boston Public Garden where everything was in full bloom. There are two well known things to do at the Public Garden. The first is to go on a Swan Boat Ride, the boats look like this.












It was not only my 1st Swan Boat Ride but 1 year old Thalia's as well :-)














The 2nd thing to do at the Public Garden is to go and see the duck figures/statues. These statues are based on the story "Make Way for Ducklings" by Robert McCloskey. The story is one of several of McCloskey's New England classics, which also include "Blueberries for Sal" and "One Morning in Maine". Here is a picture of the statues with Jason and Jennifer's daughter Sophia on the mamma duck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home