Hotaru Tour at Four Seasons Tokyo
As many of you know I like to find out of the way places to stay and odd events/happenings to attend. In the local free English Tokyo magazine there was a notice about a free (we like that) Hotaru Garden Tour at the Four Seasons. Hotaru are lightening bugs, kind of cool no? Apparently the hotel has been doing the tour for over 50 years in the summer time.
To be honest the tour wasn't that great but the hotel was - wow, absolutely georgeous. We weren't so revved up by the hotaru as we were by the grounds and interior of the hotel. We took a stroll around the garden on our own (the tour was all in nihongo anyway) and found this geogeous all wooden pagoda.
After booking our tour I remembered my host brothere is a door man at one of the Four Seasons hotels in Tokyo. I lived with Jun and his mom Akiko Abe my first 8 weeks in Japan. Jun worked a lot so I didn't see him too often but became very close with his mom, who I have managed to keep in touch with throughout my time in Japan. A wonderful family. This is Jun and I.
This is Carys and I with her brother Hayden who stayed with us for a few weeks and a Kiwi friend of ours, Chris.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home