Danish "Festival Kit"
Since I last wrote a lot has happened, I moved and turned in my thesis among other things. As I have not yet uploaded photos of the new place I will save that post for a later date. Today I want to write about an advertisement I saw recently for Matas, similar to a Rite-Aid or CVS in the US (but more expensive, of course).
The advertisement is for a "Festival Kit". Now when I think festival kit I think something like maybe sunscreen or water maybe, snacks? Hmm no this is a quite different kind of kit, probably intended to capture the attention of the masses of teens and those in their 20s (some in their 30s) heading to Roskilde festival in a few weeks. Roskilde festival is about a week long festival event with (according to their website) 175 bands and more than 75,000 people, most of them staying for multiple days in tents. Some friends of mine went last year, and they said you need to get tickets and reserve tent space far in advance.
So, this is the kind of Festival the Matas advertisement is referncing. There are 6 items in the "kit":
1. Handwash without water - ok, pretty practical for the port-a-potties one must use for several days while tenting
2. Diarrhea medicine - also rather handy to have at the ready
3. Cactus Pills - apparently these are anti-hangover pills...hmm seems sort of like cheating to me but then loud music with a headache day after day probably doesn't help keep one in the party spirit
4. Headache medicine - Ostensibly for when the Cactus Pills don't work (or you forget to take them!)
5. Female intimate wipes - Hmm guess this add is just geared to women?
6. Condoms - And ones with some kind of funky designs no less...with the following names (I am NOT kidding) - Love Box Funky Impression, Energetic Sensation, and Urban Freedom...honestly? Who comes up with this stuff? At least it makes for good humor if nothing else for us :-)
Sooo a re-invention (for me) of the meaning of a festival and what one might bring to it in order to have a good time. Hope you got a laugh out of this, I did!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home