Sunday, November 08, 2009

Trip to Maine - Aug 2010, Mimi (6)

One of my favorite places to go in Maine when I am visiting is my grandmother's house in Sabattus, also known as the most relaxing and homey place on earth (in my expert opinion). No matter when or who shows up you can be sure my grandmother (Mimi) has a pot of coffee or tea ready in a snap and some muffins, cake, or other yummy snack at the ready.

Although Mimi and I talk about once a week, when I am in Maine I try to get some time alone with 94 year old Mimi so we can catch up in person. This year we took a day trip down to Boothbay Harbor a favorite place on the Maine coast to stroll in galleries and shops selling all types of Maine stuff, as well as a chance to visit with my friends Karen and John who own a jewelry & arts gallery.

Saying goodbye to Mimi (especially when I don't know the timing of my next trip to Maine) is always difficult. We both feel teary and wonder when we will see each other again. Someday I'd love for her to see Denmark, and even though she went to Scotland when she was 93, its probably a little unlikely. We are 60 years apart in time, but surely not in our hearts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home