Sunday, November 08, 2009

Trip to Maine - Aug 2010, The Boat! (7)

On my last full day in Vacationland (i.e. Maine) my Dad and I took a drive over to the Live-Free-Or-Die state (i.e. New Hampshire) where we met my Uncle George and Aunt Bessie for a day of boating on the Dee-Anne. The Dee-Anne is a sailboat that my Dad and brother-in-law Hugh own (I think!), my mom's name is Deanne and my sister's name is Anne. Its much larger than I thought equipped with a sink, stove, toilet and enough sleeping space for 3-4 people!


















Our Captain for the day was one James E. Brown, and well he did a pretty great job.


















Unfortunately these are the last photos of our captain in this hat anyway. When bringing the boat in the hat didn't make it, and now sadly is buried out to sea...

Although I did learn a bit about how to tack (?) and the jib (?), not sure these terms are right. I spent most of the day chatting and relaxing...sometime I can be very good at, especially on vacation :-)















Here's me and the capt'n
















End of the day, the boat has been tied up and we are all safely back on dry land :-). A very nice way to end a great Maine vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home